2009年11月29日日曜日

Time

1. Please explain a time proverb in your culture.

時はすべての物を貪り食う
Time devours all things.

時は万事を暴露す
Time discloses all things.

2. What do the following proverbs mean.
a) Time is money. 時は金なり
 We cannot buy time with money.
So, we have to use to cherish.

b) A stitch in time saves nine. 今日の一針、明日の十針
The small things is to do as soon as possible.
From small beginnings come great things.

c)There is no time like the present. 今よりほかにない
 Now is a chance. I have to do it.

d)Let's meet at 4. If I'm not there by 5, leave without me at 6, and I'll be there at 7.
I do not know means.
But someday we will meet each other. ha ha!
 

8 件のコメント:

  1. I didn't know "Time devous all things."
    「貪り食う」sounds scary! We can't go against time.

    返信削除
  2. I used proverb dictionary, so it wrote this!
    It is interesting!!haha

    返信削除
  3. hi,
    i've never heard those 2 proverbs: Time devours all things and Time discloses all things!! they are interesting, thanks ;0)

    返信削除
  4. Hi!
    Your explain is very understandable!! I can understand well these meanings^^

    返信削除
  5. Hi!
    Does "time devours all things" mean "時はすべての物を貪り食う"?
    The word is scary....

    返信削除
  6. Hi!
    I don't know the meaning of "d", but I agree with your opinion.
    Exactly. We will be able to meet sometime.

    返信削除
  7. hello,
    Uoo,"Time devours all things" is scary word...!
    I have to take care of Time.

    返信削除
  8. I think so too.
    So we must spent time careflly.
    I think time is money.

    返信削除